Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 1

So I said I was working on improving my health - couple reasons for that.

1 - Getting my precollege body has been on my to-do list for TOO long. It's time to put up or shut up - I'm going to be 30 next year, so if I'm ever going to be fit and fabulous, before 30 is a great time to make it happen (especially since I want to eventually be responsible for a husband and child - better to do it now when I'm only responsible for Numero Uno)

2 - I've been reading Single Mom's blog for quite sometime and she recently (i.e. over the last 11 months) lost 60 lbs - close enough to my goal weight to make it real for me. My own goal is to go from 190 lbs (last time I checked) to 160 lbs by April 30 (date of I-Challenge) to 140 lbs by October 26, 2011. Her posts were so inspirational, I'm planning to do something similar (meal plans, cooking more at home, blogging about the journey, drinking more water, starting with the Couch to 5k plan) - I figure all of this will help hold me accountable.

** I signed up for a half marathon on April 30 (no worries, I've done a full (Chicago Marathon in 2009) and a half marathon (Illinois Marathon in Champaign in 2010) before - even more of a reason why I should be in shape!) so to be 30 lbs lighter by then would make it a whole lot easier to finish within my 3 hour goal.
** The I-Challenge is a 2 day challenge - a 5k on Friday and the half marathon on Saturday. All participants get an extra special medal for completing both :) Crazy? Insane? Utterly nuts? Yeah, probably - but I know me. If I don't set a goal, it won't get done lol. I've got 5 months to get myself together. Single Ma proved during her journey though that it's a day by day journey - one step at a time. Long as I prepare myself, I'll be fine (taking food with me at all times)

3 - Ever since moving to the East Coast, Chick Fil'A has been getting the best of me. Now mind you, I don't cook meat - but if someone else is doing the cooking? Shoo - I'm doing ALL the eating! And judging from a recent picture, I've been doing that and some :(
Oh well no need in getting too sad about it - I figure if I eat and exercise and do what I know to be the "healthy choice" at least 75% of the time, I'll be in there like swimwear! (in there being this 30 inch waist goal staring me down from across the room where my goals are posted)

4 - Yesterday, I started the Couch to 5K running plan. Why do that when I've completed a marathon, half marathon and a few 5Ks? Because I've been on the couch now for a while. Better to start from ground zero and lower my injury risk - I also found this - a guy who recorded podcasts, telling me when to run and when to walk as I go through the C25K program. The music is different, but it gets the job done. Finished Day 1 yesterday, today I'm taking "off" so we'll see - that's the plan. May do some light walking, but that's it.

So there you have it - I'm having the time of my life here in Bmore and among other things, it's time to get it right, get it tight!

peace, love and light -
6

No comments: