Monday, April 7, 2008

Just Do It!

So I officially began my graduate program last week. I have to admit, I am more than a little excited about it. In case you forgot, I am pursuing a M.S. in Nonprofit Management.

Class began on Thursday and as I was telling someone about my new love interest, another co-worker overheard me and asked me a series of questions about why I was interested in that particular arena - especially considering that I work in for profit education. So we discussed a couple of things and wouldn't you know he founded a nonprofit organization back in 2006?

In any event, I met one his board members and am now the Assistant Director of Programs for the foundation. I am extremely excited about it. Currently, it is a volunteer position, which means one more thing I'm adding to my plate, but this is a huge opportunity for me to put my degree to use immediately. In addition, he's been giving me a wealth of information to prepare me for when I start my own nonprofit.

Life is good...and all because I took the initial step and enrolled in school. So what does this mean? JUST DO IT!!! Believe me, everything else will fall into place.

No comments: