Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Long Time, No See

It's been a while precious blog...i'm sorry!

So what's new with me? Well let's see...

I really wish people would not ask me my opinion if you don't plan on taking it. Sure I acknowledge that I am young and SOMEWHAT inexperienced. On the flip side of that coin however, I have an innate sense of hierarchy, working inside bureacracy and how to work the system. Isn't that why some ask me my opinion in the first place?

I am unique in that I don't have to wait until I'm 50 years old with 30 years of experience under my belt to know what I'm doing. Sure, there are some things that I have no clue about. In those instances, I really have no problem saying "I don't know". However, when you're asking me about something I know, take what I'm telling you. Otherwise, please don't waste both of our time asking.

I thank my sorority for showing me what politics were really about. I thank God for giving me this gift of knowing organizations like the back of my hand. He has allowed me to "see" things before they happen, so much so that obviously people do not believe what I say to them simply because they can not see it for themselves. Thankfully I'm growing in such a way that I don't have to curse or yell or scream when someone asks my opinion, I give it to them and yet they still repeat - I don't know what to do. Didn't I just tell you? Okay, maybe not. In those cases, I simply redirect said person to someone who has higher regard in their eyes. Someone who's opinion they value and respect. Someone who will tell them the EXACT same thing I just told them. Clearly, I'm not the person you wanted advice from in the first place. And that's okay.

In brighter news, I'm LOVING my graduate program! I've been emailing the "world" and getting advice from those who are doing what I'd like to be doing with my life...TEACHING!

It's exciting to be so close to your purpose in life, so close to your calling, so close to your destiny. This truly is the greatest thing ever. I don't think anyone could have ever described this feeling for me...this is DEFINITELY something you have to experience for yourself!

Today, I went running and I felt truly powerful. I mean like pure...like I was connecting with my ancestors. As crazy as it sounds, it was simply me and the pavement. Me the individual against the world...that's how I felt. And even though it was only me, I felt like I could still win. Me and the elements. Avid runners probably already know what I mean...how I felt. This is such a GREAT time in my life right now! Even with the crazy stuff that goes on around me, I choose to focus on the good, the GREAT, the BEST part of life!

No comments: